Surrogacy in Ukraine
A surrogacy arrangement or surrogacy agreement is the carrying of a pregnancy for intended parents.
ilaya provide a service offering gestational surrogacy in Ukraine, in which the intended parents provide the biological material (egg and/or sperm), and IVF is carried out to impregnate the surrogate. The egg donation or sperm donor may be required for this process and ilaya have our own, extensive donor bank of female oocytes and male sperm. No biological material is taken from the chosen surrogate. The surrogate mother will carry the baby but will have no legal, parental rights after the birth.
Ukrainian law states that the legal parents of a child are depicted by DNA only and therefore one or both of the intended parents will be legally cited as parent. The couple must be married in order to confirm dual parental rights.
Within our surrogacy program, ilaya practice PGD or Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis. This is the process of removing a cell prior to implantation for the testing of genetic diseases and abnormalities. PGD testing can also be used to determine the sex of the baby if requested.
Comprehensive tests are carried out to ensure all our potential surrogates are in excellent physical and mental health, have at least one natural child, are under 35 years of age and have no contra-indications to pregnancy. ilaya take full responsibility for the surrogate mothers throughout the pregnancy. All medical care, including full prenatal and postnatal care, is provided. Accommodation and living expenses are taken care of during the pregnancy.
We offer surrogacy programs in Ukraine that are based on modern, innovative ideas led by experienced specialists in reproduction. Personalised care is given to both the intended parents and the chosen surrogate.
From the beginning, ilaya scientists have worked tirelessly in the pursuit of innovative medical excellence.
ilaya prides itself on offering a full service where no part of the process is passed to an intermediary. At every stage of your journey with ilaya, you will receive the best possible care with no exception.
Our services include:
- A Personal Manager assigned to each couple.
- Preliminary consultancy to ascertain individual needs.
- Full screening program for Asherman’s Syndrome and subsequent treatment if suitable. In the unlikely event that after treatment, our patient is still unable to conceive, the cost of treatment will be deducted from the cost of our surrogacy program if you wish to use this service.
- Multilingual staff.
- Travel and accommodation arranged.
- All necessary medical tests carried by our own highly qualified staff.
- Our own Cryobank offers storage for embryos and other bio-material
- Excellent facilities to ensure the well-being of our surrogate mothers. Individual nursery and postnatal assistance after the birth.
- Personal payment plans and any potential extra costs discussed in full. Insurance options for all potential extra costs.
- ilaya was founded in Kiev, Ukraine in 2011.
- Surrogacy in Ukraine is legal.
- The legal procedure for surrogacy in Ukraine is clearly set out.
- The legal parents of a child born in the country are determined by DNA only. Therefore, the surrogate mother has no legal rights to the child.
- The parents of a child born through surrogacy in Ukraine must be legally married. No court procedures regarding parental rights are carried out.
- Although not in the EU, Ukraine is geographically within the European region and no visas to enter the country are required.
- The same ethnic group and religions are observed.
- PGD is recognised and legal in Ukraine. PGD or Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis is the process of removing a cell prior to implantation, for the testing of genetic diseases and abnormalities. It can also be used to determine the sex of a baby.
- No age restriction for the legal parents exist. Unlimited attempts at IVF permitted.
- Known as a surrogacy-friendly state, California has been home to many successful surrogacy programmes over the years.
- Available for single and gay parents
- PGD is recognised and legal in the California. PGD, or Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, is the process of removing a cell prior to implantation, to test for genetic diseases and abnormalities. It can also be used to determine the sex of the baby.
- New-born has American passport
- Parental rights are awarded via court decision, recognised by many countries around the world.
- Wider variety of donor types (e.g. hair, race, height etc.)
- Easier registration for the new-born due to having American nationality.